Sunday, March 20, 2011

The King's Speech :)

baru habis tengok cerite the king's speech..it was an amazingly beautiful movie..i was truly moved by every second of it..da best part was, cerite ni cerite betul..therefore, it HAPPENED :)


it was about a 'stammered' king, king george vi (ayah to da current queen elizabeth), n his first wartime speech delivery..imagine being a king yg gagap..imagine having thousands of people waiting for u to say something amazing n d only thing that comes out of your mouth is some weird sounds like 'erk, aaa, kirk'..obviously kite akan rase malu dgn rakyat kite kan because how can u demand respect from them when u can't even speak properly? people looked down on him his whole life termasukla both ayah n abang die..there were times where he just gave up on himself, cried in front of his wife n simply 'raged' at everyone around him..fairly understandable reactions coming from a king..at one point he said:
"If I'm king, where's my power? Can I form a government? Can I levy a tax? Declare a war? No! and yet I am the seat of all authority. Why? because the nation believes that when I speak, I speak for them. But I can't speak...I bloody well stammer!
then in walked lionel logue, a brilliant speech therapist who made everything possible..jengjengjeng..fairly old, fairly funny..huhu..this was one of da well-phrased dialogs between them:
King George: Listen to me! Listen to me!
Lionel: Listen to you? By what right?
King George: By divine right if you must, I am your king! 
Lionel: No, you're not. You told me so yourself. You didn't want it. Why should I waste my time listening to you? 
King George: Because I have a right to be heard! I have a voice! 
Lionel: Yes, you do. You have such perseverance, Bertie. You're the bravest man I know. You'll make a bloody good king.

kesimpulan from this movie is, know who u r n overcome your limitations..when you take away people's expectations on you, you might be surprised of what you're capable of doing..insyaAllah :)

2 comments:

  1. best yeh cite nie?
    x borink?
    mcm nk tengok sbb mng oscar kan..

    ReplyDelete
  2. best! haha..mm, die byk ckp la tapi..tp still best jgk :p

    ReplyDelete